THE YTT 2018-2019 CLASS HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL 2019.
Continue reading to learn more about YTT at Yoga Sanctuary!
Do What you Love
In Yoga Sanctuary's Yoga Teacher Training, with Sara Rose Page and Lisa Leizman, you will learn to teach alignment based yoga (both hatha and flow) over 10 weekends from September to June.
- 200/hr teacher training (eligibility for 200 RYT registration)
- Philosophy weekend with Dr. Douglas Brooks
- Anatomy of Yoga Online Course with Martin Kirk
- 30 free classes to use at Yoga Sanctuary
Learn to Teach Yoga Teacher Training is an inspiring opportunity for your own growth and transformation, to be nurtured as you find your voice and learn to teach yoga with clarity, skill and warmth of heart.
Teaching exercises, designing teaching curriculum, and sequencing are regular parts of the training. You will learn to instruct poses clearly and succinctly, with language skills that inspire your students to express their poses from the inside out.
"Sara and Lisa co-teaching the Yoga Teacher Training Program create this amazing well-rounded sphere that contains the foundation of not only building a strong asana practice but also philosophy and what yoga truly means to you as person, a yogi and someone whom is embarking on becoming a teacher. When Sara tells you at the beginning of training it is a life changing experience, it truly is and during this transformation you are supported in a very safe and loving atmosphere from everyone. From monkeying around, learning about Hanuman and the other stories that yoga philosophy is richly steeped in to learning how to adeptly spot misalignment in your students, the teacher training program sets you up to become as great a teacher as you allow yourself to grow because the learning doesn’t stop when the program is over. Sara and Lisa give you so much knowledge for you to explore on your own, you pursue what is meaningful to you so that you may pass that great and beautiful knowledge on to everyone else that you meet. Your eyes are truly opened to the greater, wider world." --Brittany A. 2017
Prerequisite: Minimum of at least one year active (2x week) yoga practice required.
Standard Tuition (after July 15): $3200*
Standard Tuition YS Members (after July 15) : $3150
Early Bird Rate (paid in full before July 15): $3100* (Save $100)
Early Bird Rate YS Members: $3050
*includes 30 free classes to use at Yoga Sanctuary
$25 Application fee & Non-refundable deposit of $500 due with application ($500 deposit included in training tuition, refunded if you are not accepted into training)
Payment Plan Rate: $3400 (total paid in 5 payments of $580 including a processing fee of $75)
During this Teacher Training you will be supported and mentored to:
• Design and teach an 8 week beginner yoga course (during the last 2 months)
• Co-teach a yoga class with your fellow teacher trainees (during the last 2 months)
• 30 Free classes to use at Yoga Sanctuary during the YTT months
• 15 hours of Online Anatomy Webinar with Martin Kirk lifetime access
• A weekend of Philosophy with Douglas Brooks (rajanaka.com)
Additional hours (outside YTT weekends) include:
- 3 hours of assisting
- 10 hours practice teaching on your own
- written and reading homework completed each weekend
Need to miss a day or weekend? Exceptions are only possible for emergency or other major life events if you want to be eligible for Yoga Alliance Certification, and the hours must be made up with instructors. There may be additional fees for make-up hours.
*In order to graduate from this program, you will need to fulfill certain requirements. Attendance at all training workshops. You may miss only 24 hours of class time, but those hours must be made up with approved workshops or projects. Written homework assignments must be completed
Certification: Students who successfully fulfill all requirements will receive a certificate of completion from Yoga Sanctuary and will be eligible for 200-Hour Yoga Alliance RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher) status.
Saturday: 10AM-5PM *includes hour lunch break
• Welcome & begin with a restorative pose or meditation/centering
• Asana practice
• Pranayama & Meditation
• Return & Review Homework
• Contemplation & Written Reflection
Saturday 10- 1
• Share public Asana Class 10-11:30 (taught by Lisa or Sara)
• Lecture & Discussion (philosophy, sequencing, alignment, themes, etc)
• Lunch Break
• Teaching Exercises (language skills, observation skills, etc)
• Review of the day
• Asana Modifications & Adjustments
• Verbal and physical assists
• Teaching exercises
• Homework preview for next month
• Review of the day