New to Yoga?
Sometimes taking the first step towards a yoga class - or coming to a new studio - takes the most courage. We are here to welcome you as you are, and support you to tailor your practice so that it is just right for you. Many people believe they must already be flexible to join a yoga class. Not true! All you need is the desire and openness to learn. Our experienced instructors range in age from their 20's to their 70's, and our students have ranged from toddlers to those in their 80's. Our classes also vary from gentle and slow to strong and athletic and in-between. Yoga is truly for everyone!
At Yoga Sanctuary we will help you find the class that is just right for you, where you will be supported to go at your own pace.
Classes for Beginners
We suggest beginning with Intro to Yoga if you are brand new, or want a slow and gentle class. You will learn the foundations of yoga at an easeful pace. This series moves in 6 week cycles. Check the schedule for current dates.
If you have some prior experience, or are looking to begin with a more challenging beginner class, Level 1 may be right for you. In this moderately paced class you will learn healthy alignment principles, simple breathing techniques, while practicing a wider range of poses.
If you have some physical limitations, want to be more restful, or are looking to focus more fully on relaxation, give Gentle and Restorative a try.
Before your first class...
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to register at the front desk, fill out our health release form and get set up in the studio
- Wear clothes you can move comfortably in. We have dressing rooms and also sell high quality yoga clothing in our boutique
- Mats are provided, but you are welcome to bring your own. You may also want a water bottle.
- Bring valuables into the studio with you
- Turn off your cell phone
- Let the instructor know of any injuries or concerns you have before class
- Please sign in at the front desk before entering the studio every time you come to class
- If you arrive late, please wait until opening meditation is over before entering the yoga studio
- Weather related cancellations will be listed on the website and in Mindbody Online.